Welcome Pet Parents seeking nutritional advice!
Basic information about Volhard Diets, Dog Supplements, and Dog Treats is FREE. Pet Owners can join us on Live Chat or call our main office at 888-571-2245 to get the answers you need.
The Volhard Nutrition Consult is a service available for pet owners seeking a feeding plan for their dog with a medical or health problem using the Volhard nutrition diets or supplements.
Your Veterinarian Should Be Involved
Your primary care veterinarian is a vital partner in the care of your pet. The medical record (MR) specific to your pet must be sent and reviewed by us before making a dietary recommendation. A preliminary consultation form must be completed before you speak with a Canine Nutritionist.
Veterinarians, don't hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a consultation and your questions answered.
We specialize in making sound dietary and nutritional recommendations for dogs with medical conditions using the Volhard Diets and Supplements. For example:
- Your pet may be sick and not eating the recommended diet well.
- Your pet may have more than one medical condition for which there is no single best commercial pet food.
- We make dietary recommendations based on the current principles of both western and eastern modalities and the pet's food preferences. We offer choices based on the known current scientific literature and clinical experience
- The Canine nutritionists at Volhard have, all combined, have more than 100 yrs. of experience from lifelong work with dogs, research, teaching, industry, and private consulting perspectives.
Meet the Volhard Canine Nutritionists
• 30 minute Consultation - Basic Nutrition Questions Cost: $75.00
• 1-hour Consultation - Review of Commercial Feeding Protocol Cost: $150.00
• 1 Hour 15-minute Consultation - Review of Current Volhard Diet review relating to a specific medical diagnosis.
• 2 Hour Minimum Starting Consultation - Complex/Critical Care Nutritional Case Review.
Additional time will be based on the hourly rate. Cost: $300.00 +
A nutrition consultation consists of telephone contact (our expense) and/or email communications to identify the needs of your individual dog or dog family. The canine nutritionist will make a recommendation of the Volhard diet that would provide the healthiest possible solution that fulfills the needs of both you and your dog(s). Your nutrition questions will be answered, and unbiased advice and knowledge will be shared. Follow-up is included, to assure success of the plan we have devised. Depending on the time chosen, that time will be dedicated to you and your dog. Supplements can be recommended where needed for optimal health.
Critical and complex canine disease cases will require longer consultation times.These cases usually require daily or weekly monitoring with the family and/or with the veterinarian until the crisis or adjustment period is over. These cases involve the in depth review of clinical test results, research and the ongoing testing in some cases of the dog in distress. All such cases are welcomed and appropriate time is devoted to the care of these patients.Other projects are possible, and fees will be based upon hourly rates. Call 888-571-2455 for further information.
An estimate will be given and invoiced. Payment for services is due prior to beginning work
NOTE: No medical advice can be provided by Volhard Dog Nutrition Consulting. Please contact your veterinarian for all medical related questions. Volhard Dog Nutrition Consulting is not liable for any damages with respect to ingredient or supplement selection, food preparation, food handling and storage and feeding methods of any recipe.