Titles and Education:
- Ph.D Candidate at Virginia Tech - Science and Technology Studies (STS) (ABD)
- Certified Canine Nutritionist -CERT-CN -Companion Animal Sciences Institute
- Certified Pet Nutrition Coach- North American Veterinary Community (NAVC)
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Raw Feeding Specialist
- Masters of Science - Virginia Tech -STS
- Masters of Science - University of New Haven - National Security and Public Safety
- Bachelors of Science - University of Georgia- Biological Science, Animal Science
Jennifer Carter is Volhard Dog Nutrition’s Canine Nutritionist and also Vice President of Operations. She is currently and continuously being mentored by Wendy Volhard.
Jennifer Carter’s current research interests are in the study of the canine microbiome and its relation to the immune system, the history of the dog food industry, its regulation, nutritional labeling and the industry’s social influence on the culture of feeding dogs and canine iridology.
As Volhard’s Canine Nutritionist and Vice President of Operations at Volhard Dog Nutrition, Jennifer Carter is charged with providing nutritional consultations, developing and formulating new diets, treats and supplements, creating partnerships with veterinarians, dog trainers, groomers, breeders and other complementary organizations, delivering educational nutrition related outreach programs across the country such as short courses, workshops, certificate programs, conferences, trade shows, association meetings, and other credit and non-credit programs. She is also responsible for supervising all daily operations of the company, including IT, marketing and sales, preparing and presenting reports to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), working closely with the CEO and Vice President of Administration on all matters related to the business. Assisting the CEO with financial projections and the analysis of existing programs and policies, performing employee reviews and developing corrective action plans if needed, developing and implementing strategies, policies and procedures. Jennifer Carter is responsible for translating strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth, working with the executive team to set company performance goals, provides company leadership training, researching supply chain needs, sourcing ingredients and services and oversees the manufacturing, packaging, testing and distribution of Volhard’s products.