You want the best for your pet. Nutrition is big part of a dog’s health. A great food company such as Volhard Dog Nutrition looks at the dog holistically - not just nutrition out of context. That means doing clinical testing for 40 years and looking at blood work and urine to be absolutely sure that the dog is receiving nutrients in a manner that is appropriate: a balanced diet. It also means augmenting the clinical testing with other types of testing, such as health profiles, using kinesiology, biofeedback and following Chinese medicine five-element theory. Every ingredient is purposely chosen based on feedback from all of these platforms, allowing the food to be perfect for your dog!
The experience it takes to create a holistic food such as this can only happen by a dog person who understands the behavior of dogs and has been in the dog training, breeding and nutrition business for decades. Wendy Volhard, founder of VDN, has spent the last 40 years developing the best quality pet nutrition products on the market. Natural Diet Foundation (NDF) was the first dehydrated dog food on the market and is based on Wendy Volhard’s Natural Diet recipe developed in 1972 and clinically tested for over 40 years. Accept nothing less!
VDN owners, Brian and Lisa Berg, bring the greatest ethics, knowledge, and excellence to Volhard Dog Nutrition. They have been leaders in professional dog training in the New Jersey area for the past thirteen years. They own an eleven-acre facility, including 75 kennels, surrounded by woods just off of Rt. 73 in Marlton, NJ.
Brian and Lisa are not new to working with dogs, dog care and training. They both have considerable experience from their military background in the United States Marine Corps, as Military Police K9 handlers and trainers. They have worked and trained dogs both stateside and in combat. While doing so, they have worked extensively with multiple federal agencies, including the United States Secret Service, TSA, United States Customs and Border Protection. Owner, Brian Berg, was the Supervising Officer and a handler for the police K9 unit for 10 years, and had multiple real-life apprehensions.
Volhard Dog Nutrition has been on a mission to help dogs “thrive not just survive” for decades. VDN produces the highest quality natural pet food and supplements for dogs. VDN does not compromise on anything less than fresh, natural, holistic, 100% human grade nutrition. This means our food contains absolutely no chemical preservatives, no GMO ingredients or synthetic vitamins. Just whole foods, locally sourced in the USA that can be utilized by the dogs body.
VDN can be fed to dogs of all breeds, age and activity level since a dog’s body - big or small - has the same type of digestive system. The texture of the NDF products is a fine grind which makes it a great choice for all dogs, but it is especially good for toy and small dogs, picky eaters or older dogs who may need a softer food. No marketing gimmicks!
Volhard Dog Nutrition as a company provides you as the customer:
- Only 100% human grade products that are dehydrated so only moisture is extracted, keeping the integrity of the vitamins, minerals and amino acids.
- NDF helps lower your veterinary bills.
- 100% made in the USA so we contribute to creating and maintaining jobs right here in our country.
- NDF has been proven to help dogs recover from different conditions such as skin allergies, cancer, kidney and liver problems, chronic digestive issues, IBS, chronic diarrhea, bad breath and live a long healthy life!
- VDN is a family business owned and operated based on the legacy of Wendy Volhard’s original vision.
- VDN has helped every dog that eats it’s food thrive not just survive!
- VDN never compromises on quality!
- VDN offers the very best customer service.
- VDN has a history of very accomplished dog experts (Veterinarians, Breeders, Trainers, Nutritionists, Herbalists, Acupuncturists, Chiropractors, owners and more) involved with it - dogs before profits!